Here to talk with us about music opportunities is Anni, a Finnish singer and songwriter. She is a firm believer that staying true to herself and trusting her intuition was the way to her success.
Anni believes music can make all of us better. She has been working on a project called Seize the Song where she writes songs for artists across Europe and the Middle East, giving them music opportunities and connecting with them through music.
Lessons Learned from Getting Signed to a Record Label
This is something I’ve heard from so many artists who have been signed. Don’t just rush blindly into music opportunities. Step back, use your intuation and decided it is also feels right for you.
- Listen to your intuition when you’re gut tells you something isn’t right
- You have to be clear on who you are as an artist
- Stay true to yourself
- Sometimes a dream come true becomes a lesson learned
Studying at Berklee College of Music
Anni learned that learning structure actually equips you to be more creative in your writing.
- When you have all the tools, chords, scales, and tools, then you are really free to express exactly what you want to express.
- Educating yourself is a good thing
- Immersing yourself in music in every way helps you better understand what you are doing.
- Built an international network of musicians
Transitioning to Full Time Musician
- Creating a sense of urgency in her career
- Taking action daily to move her career forward
- Having a day job relieved stress
- Waiting until she had saved some money and felt more confident
Music Opportunities with Seize the Song Project
Anni is able to travel, see the world and connect with people in so many cultures through their shared love of music.
- Partnering with a Finnish women’s magazine on the project
- Seize the Song shows how musicians and artists have an ability to create a space of trust, respect, curiosity, and openness.
- Traveling the refugee route back to the Middle East and connecting with musicians
- Traveling the world to write songs with local musicians
Books and Resources
Official Site Brendon Burchard. #1 New York Times Bestselling Author
Penny Pierce – Intuitive Way
@annimattila on Instagram and Twitter
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic
Leave a Comment