Learn how vocal coach, Sally Morgan, developed her “Sing Like You Speak” method over time through her frustration and inability to find a system that worked for her.
If you’re looking to improve your singing voice, you need to check out Sally Morgan’s book, Sing Like You Speak. Her book and method are designed to restore effortless singing that is natural. After spending over $100,000 in voice lessons that still made her feel like her voice was trapped inside her body motivated her to write her book on contemporary voice technique.
If you are a DIY musician looking for PR, look no further than Muddy Paw PR. They have secured multiple placements and performances for their artists.
Developing Sing Like You Speak Teaching Method
- Spent over $100,000 on voice lessons and still felt her voice was trapped in her body
- Learned teaching styles and how the voice worked
- Breathing is the foundation of the whole thing
- Applied what she learned from classical voice training to singer-songwriters
Bad Vocal Habits
- Conserving Breath
- Poor posture and slouching
- Trying to sing like an artist that has had there voice electronically altered
- Failure to warm up your voice
Healthy Ways to Warm Up Your Voice & Improve Your Singing Voice
- Body Alignment – Your body is the instrument
- Be aware of breath movement
- Warm up with phrases of your songs.
- Using your consonants activates the voice
Ways to Work with Sally
- Teaches privately in NYC
- Teaches on Zoom video conference
- Teaches workshops at conferences
- Runs online classes
- Sing like You Speak Academy
- Voice Builder Warmup Video
- Certifies other teachers in her teaching method
Links and Resources
Singing and the Brain by Robert Shewan
ResourcesEmail your questions for Bree to answer on the show: Bree@FEMusician.comLeave your audio questions for Bree to play on the air and answer (you can promote yourself too): SpeakPipeSubscribe to the show on iTunesGive us a review on iTunesListen on SoundcloudShow Editing by Jen Edds at 317 Sound DesignMusic by Stella Ronson
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram