Voice coach Wendy Parr is one of the country’s top coaches, having worked with many artists from their first voice lesson all the way to a Grammy Award. She shares how she helps each artist develop and maintain their signature style through holistic techniques.
As a voice coach, producer, mentor, award winning songwriter, and artist, Wendy’s unique approach uses holistic techniques to support the unique style and expression of each person she works with. Having worked professionally since the age of 8, Wendy knows a thing or two about the industry and immerses herself 100% in everything she does.
The FEM Podcast is sponsored by Sudio Sweden, the maker of wireless headphones. Not only are they wireless and fashionable, they are completely versatile, giving you the option to “plug” into what you are working on. If you’ve been looking for the perfect headphones, treat yourself to some brand new ones by Sudio Sweden. They even have free worldwide shipping!
Voice Coach with a Holistic Approach
- Helping clients see their potential
- Helping them access undiscovered areas of their voices
- Voice is so much more than technique
- Working with artists to get them out of their comfort zones
- Creating meditations to help students expand their sense of self
Helping Artist’s Bring Out Their Uniqueness
- Your voice is the expression of who you are
- Don’t let your habits determine your style
- Clearing limitations allows you to come from a place of true creation
- As artists, we have infinite possibilities of expression
- Most people aren’t singing in a way that is in alignment with their instrument (voice)
- We need to activate the muscles required to use your different voices
- Not being in alignment limits your ability to express who you are as an artist
- By aligning your voice, you start to get the truer expression of who you are
- When you’re afraid of sounding “bad,” you’re not going to take any risks
- Your singing becomes restricted when you focus on sounding “good”
- Don’t be afraid to share your vulnerability
- Don’t be pretend to be someone or something else
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic