I talk with Milow The Girl (Sylvia), an artist originally from Switzerland on the artist roster of Los Angels-based label Realize Records. Milow The Girl is an award-winning artist who has performed at large festivals and small venues in the US and Europe. She has just released a new album in 2015. She has even more exciting projects coming in 2015 including a film.
Artist Development: The Journey Begins
- How and when she got her start singing.
- How she makes a living with her music in 2015.
- The composition of her income streams and how a lot of little things make up he income.
- Who she has on her team and what they do to move her career forward.
- How often she performs live and what type of venues she chooses.
Pitfalls & Stumbling Blocks in Artist Development
- How she deals with doubt and difficulties she’s encountered throughout her early career.
- What your motivation should be for having a career in music.
- Why you should keep going even if when you encounter roadblocks and difficult people.
- The role mentors (or lack of mentors) played in her artist development.
- How her perfectionism effects her work in the studio.
- How she and her journey of artist development is unique and encouraging.
- How she makes sure her music doesn’t sound homogeneous. Her albums contain diversity of style and color.
- What have been her most mind-blowing performances.
What’s Happening Now in Her Artist Development
- About her recently released album “Overexposed” in 2015.
- About the feature film that will include her music and is loosely based on her tour.
- How long she’s on screen in the movie.
- How she uses social media and person to person networking.
- How her manager and label are indispensable tools to help her promote and get gigs.
- How luck plays a role in artist development and your music career.
- How staying positive is so important in artist development.
Connect with Milow The Girl
Milow The Girl on Facebook
Milow The Girl on Twitter
Email your questions for Bree to answer on the show: Bree@FEMusician.com
Leave your audio questions for Bree to play on the air and answer (you can promote yourself too): SpeakPipe
Subscribe to the show on iTUnes
Give us a review on iTunes to be entered to win CDs & merchandise from our guests
Listen on Soundcloud
Music by Stella Ronson
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook