I talk with Jen Edds – musician, editing guru extraordinaire, and host of the awesome Podcast about women in the Music Industry, “The Brassy Broadcast.”
How This Woman Got Started in The Music Industry
- How she got started in music.
- How she lived a double life – corporate sales by day, performing musician at night.
- The day one of her corporate clients discovered she was a closet rock star.
- The day she left her safe corporate job in search of her true purpose.
- How she got started in audio branding.
- The crazy story about how she got connected into the podcasting world.
- How a couple of nuns from Toledo are taking the Podcasting world by storm.
- How her podcast highlighting women in the music industry, “The Brassy Broadcast”, got started.
- How she helps people setup podcasts, edit them and produce them to get their voice heard.
- The feedback she gets on the Podcast.
- The difficulties and rewards of podcasting.
Spotlight on Women in The Music Industry
- How women in the Music Industry can be pigeon-holed or marginalized.
- Sexism in the Music Industry.
- How successful women in the industry kick through the barriers.
- Her desire to shine a light on accomplishments by women in music and business.
Networking And Masterminds for Indie Musicians
- How networking and community has helped her promote her podcast and get guests for her show.
- The GoGirls Twitter chat has been a great place to connect and network.
- How she uses Facebook groups to grow her network and build her business.
- How musicians can use online communities to get questions answered, get gigs and support each other.
- How we can all contribute to the growth of Indie Music through networking and masterminds.
- How having an accountability partner can boost your productivity and expand your idea pool.
- The benefits of having an accountability partner for musicians when writing and recording music.
Home Recording Tips for Musicians
- What musicians can do at home to record the best quality demo.
- What software musicians should use to record a quality demo at home cheaply.
- How to get “the perfect mix”.
- What mircrophone she uses that is a very affordable, durable and quality option.
- How she became an “editing guru”.
- Where she took music classes and what classes she took to learn editing.
What episodes of “The Brassy Broadcast” are her favorites and the most popular.
Looking for a Mastermind? Join the Female Musician Academy
Connect with Jen
Connect on Facebook
Connect on Twitter @BrassyBroadJen
Email your questions for Bree to answer on the show: Bree@FEMusician.com
Leave your audio questions for Bree to play on the air and answer (you can promote yourself too): SpeakPipe
Subscribe to the show on iTUnes
Give us a review on iTunes to be entered to win CDs & merchandise from our guests
Listen on Soundcloud
Music by Stella Ronson
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook