Lindsay Katt is a spiritual and heart centered artist who wants to create art for the sake of art. She enjoys the process just as much as the finished product and is here to tell us how she has gotten to where she is today by keeping the joy in creating.
It’s critical to be in a community of musicians who can help and support you when you are in the throes of creating music. As musicians, it’s easy to get caught up in the more rigid side of music business and the creative process can often seem like a chore. Lindsay is here to today to talk about how a community of musicians can help to rally around artists when they need support the most.
We pride ourselves on the Female Entrepreneur Musician (FEM) website and podcast and we love to deliver great content each week. Because there are costs that are associated with the various aspects of the show and maintenance of the community we have grown, we have started a Patreon campaign to raise money. Please click the button below or visit https://www.patreon.com/femusician to contribute. We look forward to growing even more and bringing you more content each week!
Artistry and Revenue Streams
- Generating income through a variety of artistic endeavors
- Pursuing different artistic endeavors as she has evolved
- Discovering what she wants to get out of being an artist
- Look for artistic avenues where you can cultivate income
You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know
- Creating space for learning and engagement with questions
- Asking questions rather than pretending you know the answer
- Our ego can limit what we can actually learn
- Be honest about what you don’t know with the people that can actually help you
The Power of a Community of Musicians
- Look at community like onion layers
- Ask what has been working for your peers
- Share what has worked for you to sole a similar problem
- Use your community in symbiosis to help one another elevate
- Build emotional equity in your community by showing up with a whole heart
Working Through Challenges
- Focus on your work and become indisputably good at what you do
- Working through moments of feeling stuck without credible hope
- Find inspiration in what other artists are doing around you, not competition
- Challenges are just a time line issue
If you enjoy the FEM website and podcast, please consider contributing to our Patreon Campaign. All funds are used to maintain our growing community and put together the podcasts each week. The site and podcast are a treasure trove of inspiration, ideas, training and real life examples of female musicians with thriving careers who are actually making money from music. Please click the button below or visit https://www.patreon.com/femusician to contribute.
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic