Judy Rodman has worked with many well known artists as well as contestants on shows like The Voice, American Idol and America’s Got Talent. Today, she is with us to share how she got started as a vocal coach and how she can help you improve your singing.
Judy Rodman doesn’t only teach you how to improve your singing, she also touches on a number of things that effect the sound of your voice. She has broken out of the box by providing voice lessons online through Zoom. This podcast comes out just in time for you to learn more about being a vocal or music coach in your own private studio. On my webinar with Allie of The Marketed Musician, we will go over The 5 Steps to Creating a Profitable Private Studio. Join us on October 24 at 12pm and 8pm ET.
Pushing Through Struggles as an Artist
- The struggle of “Making It” and then losing it
- Separating your art from your business
- Choosing to look at struggle as part of your journey
- Moving on after her record label folded
Creating a Revenue Stream from Songwriting
- Turning to songwriting as a revenue stream
- Signing with Warner/Chappel
- Earning her first #1
- Shifting gears to a new revenue stream
Starting a Vocal Coaching Business
- Got the idea after a friend asked her for help hitting a note
- Created her method based on her own experience and the work she has done over the years with her students
- Working as a mentor of other voices
- Pinpointing trouble spots with vocal students
- Developing her ability to hear where her students are having trouble
How to improve your singing and the Importance of Vocal Articulation
- Your live performance impacts your audience in three ways – musically, visually, and lyrically
- You lose 30% of your ability to impact your listener when they can’t understand what you’re saying.
- Find how people are speaking in the genre you want to sing
- Mimic the articulation of the masters of the genre you want to sing
If you want to learn more about how you can improve your singing and be a vocal coach to others, join us on October 24th at 12pm or 8pm ET for a webinar with Allie from The Marketed Musician.
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic