Music licensing opportunities have become singer/songwriter Kim Krenik’s major focus in her musician business. Learn how Kim discovered music licensing and how she uses it to supplement her income.
In this interview, we learned a lot about Kim Krenik! In addition to Kim’s music journey, you will hear about the course that Kim took to learn about music licensing. Michelle Lockey’s course is full of the information you need to know if you have ever imagined your music in film and tv or wanted to explore other avenues of income in your musician business. Join Michelle Lockey and I on September 14th for a FREE workshop, How to Make A 5 Figure Income Licensing Your Music.
Returning to Music After Having Kids
- Focusing on becoming the musician she wanted to be.
- Questioning why she was filling her time with things she wasn’t passionate about doing.
- Discovering that there were more advantages to being an indie artist.
- Recording an album while pregnant.
The Power of Collaboration
- Learning from her co-writers and expanding her network.
- There is strength in numbers with more people pitching the song.
- The music takes on a life of its own, depending on who you’re writing with.
- When you look to other musicians for support and not as competition, additional resources become available.
Investing in Music Courses and Career Development
- Lessons learned from Michelle Lockey about music licensing.
- Investing in Kathy Heller’s music course.
- Finding community in the Female Entrepreneur Musician academy.
- Growing her network of collaborators and contacts.
Music Licensing Opportunities for Film and TV
- Focusing on boutique libraries and building her catalog.
- Putting music with non-exclusive agents.
- Researching the music used by TV shows and connecting the dots.
- There aren’t as many places to pitch country music for TV.
Don’t forget to join us on September 14th for Michelle Lockey’s free workshop, How to Make A 5 Figure Income Licensing Your Music. Michelle has been consistently making a full time living by licensing her music for film, TV and ads. Her course is full of the knowledge you need if you’ve been curious about making extra money in your musician business.
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic
Leave a Comment