Alicia Mathewson talks about how her practice of mindfulness meditation for musicians has set her up for nothing but success in her music career.
Mindfulness meditation for musicians is something Alicia Mathewson practices and shares daily with her clients in Sounding Still Wellness, her private energy and sound therapy practice. Since writing and singing since age 6, she released 4 albums, she has used the transformative power of music to awaken herself and others by incorporating meditation. She believes that it’s crucial for musicians to be in alignment with a set of values that ring true to who they are.
Working Through Struggle Using Mindfulness Meditation for Musicians
When pursuing music, mindfulness meditation for musicians can help you to stay in your own lane and go at your own pace so you can be collaborative and not competitive.
- Don’t sit back and wait for other people
- Cooperation, not competition, is the key to success
- Follow your inner guidance
- Internal alignment is necessary for external success
What Does Mindfulness for Musicians Mean?
Mindfulness meditation for musicians combines breath, meditation, rituals and our surroundings.
- Breath is key
- Guided meditations are a great way to start
- Rituals help us be mindful
- A walk outside can can get you in touch with yourself
Mindfulness in Your Music Career
Mindfulness in your music career means approaching things with an open mind and heart and seeking opportunities that are in alignment with your values.
- For starters, approach your career as “Everything is here to enlighten me, nothing is hear to hurt me.”
- Next, view every experience as an opportunity to come into who you are
- Consciousness, cooperation, and integrity are key to creating better spaces
- Finally, seek out venues and ways to share your music that are in alignment with you
Maintaining Mindfulness During a Crowd Funding Campaign
A crowdfunding campaign can be nerve-wracking. If you utilize the mindfulness tools Alicia talks about, you can stay more positive, more present and more aligned during your campaign which
- A little stress is good because it means we are stretching ourselves
- Budgeted to hire someone to help market and promote the project
- Prepared for it and continued to trust
- The key to crowdfunding campaigns is people wanting to feel like they are a part of helping you go to the next level
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic