The Profitable Musician Summit is just around the corner and I wanted to share some tips and tricks to kick comparison to the curb so you can be inspired and learn from our experts.
Wondering how to grow as a musician but get caught up in comparing yourself to others? Or even worse, do feelings of jealousy creep up when you hear about all the great things other musicians are doing? It’s easy to get into the wrong mindset after hearing everyone’s success stories, especially if you have tried the same tactics without the same effect. Luckily, there are tools to deal with those feelings because no matter what level you’re at, those feelings can creep in. Using these tips will help you stay inspired instead of getting stuck in the comparison game.
The Profitable Musician Summit starts May 1st and we will be hearing from 39 experts from across the music industry. Reserve your FREE ticket now! Be sure to sign up for Messenger Reminders so that you don’t miss a thing!
How to Grow As A Musician
- There is always someone better or who knows more
- Call out comparison for what it is
- Don’t let it get under your skin and into your head
- Find what triggers you to compare yourself to others
Celebrate Your Wins – No Matter How Small
- We do this weekly in Female Musician Academy
- Keeping focus on small wins will keep you positive
- Share your wins with peers
Celebrate Other People’s Success
- Doing this more often will change your mindset
- Even if you are jealous about someone’s post, doing this often will help you be truly happy and supportive of them
- Healthy competition
- New level, new devil
- Don’t get down when someone else has a great win
- Space for everyone to succeed
Stay Aware & Shut Down Negative Self Talk FAST
- Focus on your strengths & stay in your own lane
- Compare yourself to yourself only
- Social media breaks are ok and necessary sometimes (“comparing their front stage to your back stage”)
If you haven’t grabbed your ticket for the Profitable Musician Summit yet, make sure you do. We have lined up 39 experts from across the music industry to present topics about how to make money with music. Sign up for Messenger Reminders so you don’t miss any interviews!
ResourcesEmail your questions for Bree to answer on the show: Bree@FEMusician.comLeave your audio questions for Bree to play on the air and answer (you can promote yourself too): SpeakPipeSubscribe to the show on iTunesGive us a review on iTunesListen on SoundcloudShow Editing by Jen Edds at 317 Sound DesignMusic by Stella Ronson
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic