All boats rise with the tide and instead of competing with each other, musicians should find ways to work together to promote their music.
Collaborative marketing is a great way for musicians to promote one another’s music and grow email lists and fan bases. Aligning yourself with musicians who have similar genres, work ethics or even people who are local to you will yield the best results. Use the world maps in Female Indie Musician Community and Female Musician Academy to find artists in your local area to collaborate with.
- 2 or more artists
- Same genre or same local area
- Giveaway a bundle of things, each person contributes something
- Online giveaway software, rafflecopter, KingSumo (one central location for entries)
- Disclose that entering will get you on the email list – or –
- Use the follow up method to add people to your email list by offering each item separately (from each musician)
- You promote someone’s music, they promote yours
- Promote in newsletters
- Promote each other on social media (use tags)
- Everyone promotes one product
- Everyone contributes a song
- Built around an event (holiday music)
Collaborative Marketing on Bundles, Compilations & Spotify Playlists
- Introduces people to a variety of artists
- Bundles CDs for sale
- Each person contributes a song for a Spotify playlist
PRO TIP: If you’re using my system and not at the end of a goal cycle, put these ideas in your Inspiration Vault for future use so you’re not distracted while completing your goals. If you’re not following my system but want to learn how to set goals that will move your forward in your music career, grab my FREE Smart Goals Workbook!
ResourcesEmail your questions for Bree to answer on the show: Bree@FEMusician.comLeave your audio questions for Bree to play on the air and answer (you can promote yourself too): SpeakPipeSubscribe to the show on iTunesGive us a review on iTunesListen on SoundcloudShow Editing by Jen Edds at 317 Sound DesignMusic by Stella Ronson
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic