Facebook Ads are, in my opinion, one of the BEST ways to build your fan base by attracting new fans and engaging current fans. There are several reasons for this including:
- Facebook is a platform most people log into at least once per day. Your potential fans ARE on Facebook, and ads give you a controlled way to access them.
- You can use ads to put the right message in front of the right people at the right time. If someone has never heard of you before, you wouldn’t want to try to sell them an album or ask them to buy a concert ticket right off the bat. They need some “warming up” first. With the ultra-fine controls available with Facebook ads, people can see a message almost tailored to their level of “fandom”.
- Your fans and potential fans can get to know you and your music in a familiar, non-threatening, atmosphere.
- Because of ability to use video and live streaming video, your fans will feel like you’re right in the room with them. This can create an instant bond.
- and SO many more benefits I can’t even list them all here.
So, now that you know why Facebook Ads are a great strategy, let’s get down to the 10 ways you can use them to build your fan base.
Listen to the audio above or watch the live video version of this Podcast below
10 Tips (plus a BONUS Tip) To Build Your Fan Base With Facebook Ads
Listen to or watch the episode for all the details on these 10 strategies on how to build your fan base using Facebook Ads plus a bonus strategy that is really powerful.
1. Get potential fans to “raise their hand” with the like button.
2. Use audience insights to learn what your current fans like and then target other people who like those pages with ads
3. Leverage “social proof” by targeting “Friends of Friends”
4. Introduce totally new fans to you and let them get to know you and your music with live stream video
5. Create a welcome video to introduce new “likes” to you, your story and your music. Then use Facebook ads to make sure they see it.
6. Boost posts to your likes so they continue to see your posts in the news feed.
7. Watch for a post with a lot of engagement and then promote that to a wider audience.
8. Run a contest and promote to fans amd potential fans using Facebook ads.
9. Promote a local event using the granular targeting available with Facebook ads.
10. Get new fans to take the next step and subscribe to your email list using retargeting ads.
Bonus: Use publisher tools to suggest that people who engaged with your posts “like” your page.
If you found these tips on how to build your fan base using Facebook Ads helpful, you’ll LOVE the free training I’m doing on Facebook ads starting August 21, 2017.
ABOUT HOST BREE NOBLEBree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists at www.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram @breenoblemusic