Turning just three simple steps into habits can transform scattered creatives into productive musicians.
The most common advice for musicians I give is to take 3 simple steps and form them into habits. If you’re a musician who has lots of great ideas and has trouble acting on them, you might be called a scattered creative. Scattered creatives tend to resist forming new habits, preferring to fly by the seat of their pants, holding them back in the long run. Blocking that resistance and making new habits will help you see the positive change you desire in your music career, transforming scattered creatives into productive musicians over time.
Be sure to subscribe to my channel and hit the bell so you are notified when I release a new video.
Advice for Musicians
Establish a morning routine
- Warm drink
- Meditate (sit in silence, pray or use guided meditation)
- Visualize yourself moving through your day successfully
- Writing (journaling, songwriting)
- Make a “Do 3 Things This Day” list
Establish an evening routine
- Make you more successful with morning routine
- Think over your day (what went well, what did you accomplish)
- Will set you up for your next 3 things list
- Getting things out of your head so you can get better sleep
- Avoid screen time so you can naturally shut down
Block your time
- Decide times you can work on your music
- Fit your 3 things into those time blocks
- Use google calendar (or any kind of calendar)
Are you overwhelmed? Check out my SMART Goals workbook, which will help you condense all the great ideas you have into 5 goals and create a plan to achieve them in 90 days. Click here to grab your copy.
ABOUT BREE NOBLE
Bree Noble is an entrepreneur, musician and speaker. She founded Women of Substance Radio, an online radio station that promotes quality female artists in all genres, in 2007. She launched the Women of Substance Music Podcast in November 2014, a 5 day per week show which promotes Independent female artists. Her podcast has hit #1 in New & Noteworthy for the Music, Arts and Society & Culture categories and #4 Audio Podcast on all of iTunes. She draws on her extensive experience running her own music business, both as a solo musician and as an Industry professional, to train and mentor other female musicians. Learn more about the station, the show and the artists atwww.wosradio.com. Connect with Bree on Twitter @BreeNoble or on Facebook or on Instagram